A Salaried GP is sought for 6-8 sessions per week.
We are a group of three GP Practices covering urban and rural locations.
There is the opportunity to work across more than one of the practices if desired.
Inverness and the surrounding countryside must rank as one of the most attractive parts of Scotland, and provides a wide range of pursuits in summer and winter.
- Riverside Medical Practice is in the heart of Inverness, the capital of the Scottish Highlands. Situated on the picturesque River Ness, yet only a stroll from the city centre, it offers a typically vibrant and dynamic urban environment.
- Foyers Medical Centre is a small, rural, dispensing practice based on the eastern bank of Loch Ness, 20 miles south west of Inverness.
- Cromarty Medical Practice is also a rural (non-dispensing) practice on the Black Isle, 25 miles to the north-east of Inverness.
All practices are located in purpose-built, efficient premises, with great staff.
We host GP trainees and medical students at Riverside, offering experience at Foyers and Cromarty. Other interests include minor surgery, occupational medicine, sports medicine, clinical leadership and medico-politics.
We are keen to support doctors to either undertake traditional general practice or have a portfolio career – or both.
- £88,000 pro rata (10 sessions).
- Opportunity to apply for sabbatical
- Nine weeks' annual leave (including 2 weeks' public holidays).
- Golden Hello available to eligible applicants (typically £7.5 – £10k).
- Very manageable workload, with excellent work-life balance: surgeries currently 11 appointments, very low home visiting rate, excellent nurse-led Duty Practitioner Team, Pharmacotherapy Service, Physiotherapy.
- Circa 10,150 patients registered in Inverness and 1000 in both Cromarty and Foyers.
- All three surgeries use INPS Vision and Docman.
- Currently seven GP Partners across Riverside, Foyers and Cromarty.
- Five Salaried GPs.
- Five Advanced Nurse Practitioners.
- Board employed Pharmacy team.
- Two Practice Nurses, three Healthcare Assistants and one Pharmacy Dispenser.
- Weekly protected Educational/Clinical Meetings.
- No OOH commitment, although sessions available locally.
Applications by CV with covering letter and two referees to: Mrs Jenny Garris, acting General Manager, Riverside, Foyers and Cromarty Medical Practices, Ballifeary Lane, Ness Walk, Inverness, IV3 5PW.
Alternatively, please apply with Cover note, CV and two references via the apply click button.
For an informal discussion about this job please give us a call.
Informal visits encouraged.
Closing date: 30 September 2021
Interview date: to be agreed
Start date: October 2021 or by mutual agreement
Medical Administrator, Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours (part time may be considered)
Salary: Starting at £9.93 per hour, rising after successful completion of probation period
Start Date: By mutual agreement
Closing date for applications: Thursday 30th September 2021
To support the Practice in delivering Primary Health Care Team duties and to provide service to patients and visitors to the Practice. Our primary aim is to provide high quality patient care in a professional, confidential and non-judgmental manner.
Riverside Medical Practice is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our friendly team. The successful candidate should have a positive attitude, be patient, self motivated and enthusiastic to learn.
The role will mainly consist of telephone call handling and dealing with patients and other members of the public face to face at the front desk.
Full training will be provided on our in house systems however, good IT skills are desirable.
The successful candidate will mainly Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.30am and 6pm on a rota basis. We also operate Saturday COVID/Flu clinics and the candidate will be required to work on a pro rata basis. This is paid at an additional rate.
Please note we do not accept CV’s. Please apply by completing a Riverside Medical Practice application form.
For further information or to arrange an informal visit to the Practice, please contact Laura Mackay, Practice Manager on 01463 715999.