A salaried GP is sought for 6-8 sessions per week. There is the opportunity to work across more than one of the practices.
We are a group of three GP Practices covering urban and rural locations. Three GMS contracts.
Riverside is in the heart of Inverness, the capital of the Scottish Highlands. Situated on the picturesque River Ness, yet only a stroll from the city centre, it offers a typically vibrant and dynamic urban environment. Circa 10,150 patients.
Foyers is a small, rural, dispensing practice based on the eastern bank of Loch Ness, 20 miles south west of Inverness. 1010 patients
Cromarty Medical Practice, is also a rural (non-dispensing) practice on the Black Isle, 25 miles to the north-east of Inverness 1050 patients
All practices are located in purpose-built, efficient premises, with great staff.
We host GP trainees, FY2s and medical students at Riverside, offering experience at Foyers and Cromarty. Other interests include minor surgery, occupational medicine, sports medicine, clinical leadership and medico-politics. We are keen to support doctors to either undertake traditional general practice or have a portfolio career – or both.
* £88,000 pro rota
* Opportunity to apply for sabbatical
* Nine weeks' annual leave (including 2 weeks' public holidays).
* Golden Hello available to eligible applicants (typically £7.5 – £10k).
* Very manageable workload, with excellent work-life balance: surgeries currently 11 appointments, very low home visiting rate, excellent nurse-led Duty Practitioner Team, Pharmacotherapy Service, Physiotherapy.
* All three surgeries use INPS Vision and Docman.
* Currently seven GP Partners.
* Three Salaried GPs.
* Five Advanced Nurse Practitioners.
* Two Practice Nurses, Four Healthcare Assistants and one Pharmacy Dispenser.
* Weekly protected Educational/Clinical Meetings.
* No OOH commitment, although sessions available locally.
* Opportunity to apply for a sabbatical.
Applications by CV with covering letter and two referees to:
Mrs Jenny Garris, acting General Manager, Riverside, Foyers and Cromarty Medical Practices, Ballifeary Lane, Ness Walk, Inverness, IV3 5PW.
Informal visits encouraged.
Closing date: 31st January 2022
Interview date: to be agreed
Start date: By mutual agreement
Hours: 37.5 hours (part time may be considered)
Salary: Starting at £9.93 per hour, rising after successful completion of probation period
Start Date: By mutual agreement
Closing date for applications: Monday 31 January 2022
To support the Practice in delivering Primary Health Care Team duties and to provide service to patients and visitors to the Practice. Our primary aim is to provide high quality patient care in a professional, confidential and non-judgemental manner.
Riverside Medical Practice is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our friendly team.
The successful candidate should have a positive attitude, be patient, self motivated and enthusiastic to learn.
The role will mainly consist of telephone call handling and dealing with patients and other members of the public face to face at the front desk.
Full training will be provided on our in house systems however good IT skills are desirable.
The successful candidate will work mainly Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.30am and 6pm on a rota basis. We also open on Saturdays for Covid/Flu clinics and the candidate will be required to work on a pro rata basis. This is paid at an additional rate.
Please note we do not accept CV’s. Please apply by completing a Riverside Medical Practice application form.
For further information or to arrange an informal visit to the Practice, please contact Agnes, MacLeay, Senior Receptionist on 01463 715999.
Administration support for Quality
Hours: 37.5 hours
Salary: Starting at £10.91 per hour, rising after successful completion of probation period
Start Date: By mutual agreement
We have a very exciting opportunity based at Riverside Medical Practice, Inverness. We are searching for a team member who will help support the quality delivery to our patients across all three practices. You will be part of a quality team. Working days will be Monday to Friday.
This new position will be offered to an individual who can support the Practice in delivering Primary Health Care Team duties and to provide service to patients and visitors to the Practice. Our primary aim is to provide high quality patient care in a professional, confidential and non-judgemental manner.
The role will include the following -
- To monitor and advise on how the quality management systems are performing and produce data and reports regarding practice performance set against objectives
- Liaise with mangers to ensure that all system are functioning properly.
- Provide training to enable others to achieve quality services.
- Help develop efficient systems of management to include IT, financial and Risk management to delegate tasks appropriately.
- Manage the implementation and monitoring of Direct Enhanced Services; and Key Performance Indicators as appropriate.
- Maintain an overview of Performance, sending invites and recalls as necessary and providing clinicians with regular reports as to performance and areas requiring additional input.
- Run clinical system audits in line with agreed timescales to ensure compliance with all contractual requirements
- Monitor the uptake of childhood immunisations
- Develop a robust system for completing and submitting accurate monthly searches. This should encompass searches not only for medicines prescribed but also for read codes associated with the provision of these services.
This list is not exhaustive. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply by sending your CV & Cover letter to Laura Mackay, Practice Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 31st January 2022