Medical Administrator - Part-time and Full Time Opportunities - 22.5 to 37.5 hrs per week
To support the Practice in delivering Primary Health Care Team duties and to provide service to patients and visitors to the Practice.
Our primary aim is to provide high quality patient care in a professional, confidential and non-judgmental manner.
Key Admin functions
Appointments - making appointments for patients and answering questions regarding appointments, prescriptions etc.
Call handling – answering and directing calls as necessary.
Data entry – entering clinical data into Vision as directed by Doctors.
Enquiries – answering all patient enquiries including test results etc. Dealing with doctors requests for information or records.
Docman filing & workflow– filing and workflowing letters and results as necessary.
Front desk – making appointments for patients and answering questions regarding appointments, prescriptions etc.
Prescriptions – preparing prescriptions for doctors signature, according to practice policies, patient requests and patient medication history.
The following competencies are desirable but training will be provided where necessary.
- To deal with all front desk activities with patients and the public efficiently and professionally; checking in, making appointments or any other enquiry required at this prominent customer service point.
- To keep up to date with practice procedures and changes with these to enable efficient use of medical and nursing time appointments.
- To manage calls at an Admin position efficiently; dealing with any patient request or enquiry, actively listening and writing down messages accurately and recording according to training and practice procedures.
- To use the practice computer systems according to training and to adhere to the practice security policy and carry out data entry according to the instructions of the practice.
- To undertake procedures for all Admin positions effectively, and to access and compile medical records, file letters, results or any other documentation completely, accurately and according to practice training and procedures.
- To action requests for prescriptions or certificates and ensure they are documented, checked and prepared for GP signature.
- To work flexibly with the other members of the team in meeting the needs of the practice patients.
- To liaise with the Senior Receptionist for support with any difficulties in performing tasks, procedures or communications and for further training where necessary.
- To participate and develop as a member of the Team by taking part in practice audits, setting practice standards and protocols and attending practice meetings and training sessions.
- To keep a tidy working area and environment as part of your daily routine.
This Job Description is not exhaustive and duties will vary according to the needs of the Practice
Please apply by submitting completed application form below to:
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS 04.09.17
Medical Administrator Person Specification
Medical Administrator Application Form